Dean search begins
Search panel named for dean of Engineering & Mines
The search for a new dean of the College of Engineering & Mines has begun.
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Thomas DiLorenzo has announced that Brad Rundquist, dean of Arts & Sciences, will chair the search committee to fill the permanent deanship in the College of Engineering and Mines.
Brian Tande, professor of chemical engineering, was named interim dean in April, following the resignation of Hesham El-Rewini, who accepted a senior administrative post at another university. Tande will continue to serve until a permanent dean is named.
Members of the search committee include:
- Forrest Ames, professor of mechanical engineering
- Daba Gedafa, chair/associate professor of civil engineering
- Charles Gorecki, CEO, Energy & Environmental Research Center
- Naima Kaabouch, professor and graduate program director, School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Megan Larson, Student, Electrical Engineering
- Michael Mann, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Executive Director of the Institute of Energy Studies
- John Mihelich, Interim Vice President for Research & Economic Development
- Dan Muus, Vice President of Philanthropy, UND Alumni Association Foundation
- Angie Reinhart, Program Resource Manager, College of Engineering & Mines
- Bob Solberg, Director, JDR Cable System LTD, Chair, Hyperdynamics, CEM alumnus
- Terry Syverson, President, Trace Systems Inc, CEM alumnus
Kennedy Fenster, academic affairs coordinator, and Carrie Jackson, College of Arts & Sciences personnel & budget specialist, will provide administrative support.
The committee is set to hold its first meeting this week.
Written By: Jan Orvik | October 22, 2019
[Article from UND Today: http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2019/10/dean-search-begins/]