College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines

Updates for students, alumni, and supporters

Dean’s Message for Nutrition & Dietetics Newsletter

Every day I am amazed by our College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines alumni and students! Our 2023 graduating classes from Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics, and Social Work were no exception. It was such a pleasure to attend their respective banquets, pinning, and commencement programs and learn about their future plans.  Every single student was looking to make a difference in the communities they will serve.  Every single student makes us CNPD proud!

This was my first year as Dean attending the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day at the Memorial Union, the CNPD Research and Scholarship Day and the Nutrition & Dietetics Spring Banquet hosted by SAND.  It was so fun to see Nutrition & Dietetics students everywhere! And these students are smart!  I was inspired from their knowledge, felt a little bad about some of my dietary choices when they counseled me 😊, and loved all of their really good questions.  My takeaway…Our nutritional future is in great hands with our UND graduates!

Thank you to all of you, our alumni and friends of the department. Your trust in our students, faculty and staff, along with the time and talents you share with our students, allows us to continue to successfully grow exceptional nutrition professionals.  We appreciate you and wish you a wonderful and healthy summer!

Maridee Shogren DNP, CNM, CLC
Dean, Clinical Professor
College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines
University of North Dakota

Comments

0 comments