College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines

Updates for students, alumni, and supporters

AANA Annual Congress

four students in front of a stage
Center, L-R: Kristine Cacnio & Ashley Souders, both of the UND class of 2024, with friends at the AANA Annual Conference.

Ashley Souders ‘24, UND Nurse Anesthesia student, shares her experience attending Nurse Anesthesia’s largest event.

Attending the Annual Congress in Seattle, Washington, was an enriching and wonderful experience. The event gathered CRNAs from all over the country, creating a vibrant atmosphere of intellectual energy and advocacy opportunities. I attended many lectures and workshops, such as the difficult airway workshop and simulation, where I practiced the essential skill of cricothyroidotomy.

Networking and interacting with notable anesthesia leaders and advocates were also a highlight. I met with our Region 4 director and chatted about North Dakota, UND, and student opportunities.

Souders was part of the Conference’s winning College Bowl SRNA team.

I also had the opportunity to be nominated and selected to participate in the College Bowl. This event is where teams of SRNAs are tested on their knowledge of anesthesia principles, pharmacology, and physiology. Out of thirty-six SRNAs, it was an honor to be on the winning team of SRNAs that competed against program directors and faculty. I can’t wait to attend again next year!

Comments

0 comments