Medical students recognize seven faculty for Outstanding Block Instructor Awards for blocks 4 and 8
In recognition of outstanding performance in the encouragement, enrichment, and education of tomorrow’s physicians, the SMHS medical classes of 2021 and 2022 have recognized seven faculty for Outstanding Block Instructor Awards in Block IV and Block VIII of the 2018–19 academic year.
The Class of 2021 (Year 2) Block VIII awardees are the following individuals:
- Andrew McLean, MD, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences Clerkship Chair
- Vinita Parikh, MD, Clinical Faculty, Altru Health System
- Tim Shea, CHSOS, SMHS Simulation Center
The Class of 2022 (Year 1) Block IV awardees are the following individuals:
- Patrick Carr, PhD, Assistant Dean for Medical Curriculum
- Kumi Combs, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Kenneth Ruit, PhD, Associate Dean for Education & Faculty Affairs
Congratulations, everyone, and thank you for your dedication to teaching!