Veerapandiyan to give Neurology Grand Rounds on Duchene Muscular Dystrophy and gene therapy Dec. 1
For the next Neurology Grand Rounds, from 12:15 to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1, Aravindhan Veerapandiyan, M.D., will give a presentation on Duchene Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and gene therapy, the subtitle for which is “What is on the horizon.”
The meeting will be held in person at the Brain & Spine Clinic, 2301 25th St. S. in Fargo, Conf. Rm 1 and Conf. Rm. SMCF 6A, and via Webex (Meeting no./access code: 2433 400 2765 | Password: jN7cBPmXv93).
The purpose of the presentation is to:
- Review the key components of gene therapy for DMD, including vectors, promoters, and transgene constructs.
- Assess the prospective functional benefits of gene therapies in DMD and their potential to slow disease progression.
- Evaluate the latest results from clinical trials for gene therapies in DMD.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
- Veerapandiyan has disclosed that he is a consultant for AMO, Biogen, Fibrogen, Novartis, PTC Therapeutics, Pfizer, Scholar Rock. He has also done research with Fibrogen, Genentech, Impax Laboratories, Lily Pharmaceuticals, and Octaphrma. These relationships have been mitigated.
- None of the planners for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Requirements for Successful Completion of this activity
- Report attendance as requested by activity planner.
- Attendance at the entire session.
In order for non-Sanford employees to receive CME credit for attendance, an account will need to be created in the Sanford Success Center. If a non-Sanford employee has previously attended a Sanford event, such as a symposium, they may already have an account. Please use this link.
Sanford Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sanford Health designates this Live education activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Questions? Please contact Kari Heinle at kari.heinle@SanfordHealth.org or 701.417.6036.