ND NASA EPSCoR Research and Travel RFP – Spring 2024
North Dakota NASA EPSCoR (Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research) is soliciting proposals from faculty at affiliate institutions for Research Seed Grant funding and Travel Grant Funding. Faculty may choose to apply for only Research funding or only Travel funding or both. Funding must contribute to the completion of NASA relevant research designed to promote and expand particular NASA research sub disciplines in North Dakota.
The period of performance for these awards is May 16, 2024 – May 15, 2025.
The purpose of the ND NASA EPSCoR program is to promote, develop, and expand NASA research in North Dakota aligned with NASA priorities and Mission Directorates.
It is anticipated that two research awards may be made to a maximum of $45,000 each.
It is anticipated that two travel awards may be made to a maximum of $5,000 each.
- Faculty PI must be from an ND NASA EPSCoR affiliate institution.
- Research must be in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) and demonstrate alignment with NASA priorities and one or more NASA Mission Directorates.
- Travel must directly contribute to specific research efforts as outlined in this solicitation.
- Proposals must designate which solicitation they are responding to (travel or research). It is allowable to submit more than one proposal per faculty member.
Proposals with collaborators at NASA centers are very strongly encouraged.
All proposals must be submitted via the online submission form no later than:
Noon on March 14, 2024.
If you are interested in serving as a reviewer for this round of pre-proposals, submit your interest via this online form, no later than Noon on March 14, 2024.
- If you are submitting a proposal for this RFP, you are ineligible to serve as a reviewer.
- Reviewers will be compensated $60 per research proposal reviewed and $40 per travel proposal reviewed.
- The review period will be ~March 14, 2024 – April 11, 2024.
- Your potential selection as a reviewer is dependent on the number and scope of proposals received by ND NASA EPSCoR.
General questions regarding the RFP may be directed to the ND NASA EPSCoR Director, Dr. Caitlin Milera, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance questions regarding the RFP may be directed to UND Aerospace Accountant, Amber Holien, email@example.com.