University Letter

UND's faculty and staff newsletter

President Kelley encourages Denim Day support

All UND Employees,

UND has supported a Denim Day project for over 16 years. It provides UND employees an opportunity to dress casually one day per month by donating $1 to local charities each Denim Day. This project has been overseen by a small group of dedicated volunteers.

In my time here, I have become increasingly aware of the good causes the University’s “Denim Day” project supports, and the enthusiasm with which UND employees participate in Denim Day. I have asked UND Staff Senate to make the Denim Day project a part of their mission and to create a Denim Day standing committee to manage this project and to expand it – encouraging more involvement and participation in this worthy endeavor. As a part of that expansion, I have approved one additional Denim Day per month. Denim Days will now be the second Friday of every month and the last Wednesday of every month.

I strongly encourage everyone to participate as a way to give back to our community. If your department permits casual wear every day, I would still encourage you to give on Denim Day. It’s a small thing that can make a big difference in someone else’s life.

— Robert O. Kelley, President