University Letter

UND's faculty and staff newsletter

Frozen Four message from UND President Robert O. Kelley

Congratulations to the Men’s Hockey Team, which once again has propelled the University of North Dakota into the Frozen Four. What a string of wins. I am very proud of our team and the coaching staff, but especially of our student athletes, who represent UND so well on and off the ice.

If you plan to go to St. Paul to cheer on the team, I hope you will be safe in your travels. The weather can change quickly at this time of year and the ditches are often filled with water. Please use care and be aware of the weather conditions, as well as the flooding conditions. I would encourage you to check the new web site, where you can find road and weather conditions, as well as information related to flooding in the Red River Valley.

I also encourage you to “Like” the “UND Emergency Response” Facebook site and to “Follow” the “UNDemergency” Twitter feed. We will be using both of these tools to keep the University community aware of flooding and other emergency related situations.

Finally, I predict there will be much cause to celebrate this weekend. I encourage you to cheer our team, coaches, and the University of North Dakota. But whether you are heading to St. Paul, staying in the Grand Forks area, or spending the weekend in other areas, I also encourage you to celebrate responsibly. Our main concern at UND, first and foremost, is the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff.

Be safe in your travels, and be safe in your celebrating.

Here’s looking forward to hanging one more championship banner,

Robert O. Kelley, President.