Coming to Burtness Theater: ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’
Theater will stage Oscar Wilde’s most enduringly popular play on Nov. 11-13 and 18-20
The UND Department of Theatre Arts will present The Importance of Being Earnest, written by Oscar Wilde, at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11-13 and 18-20 at the Burtness Theatre.
Tickets are $20 for general admission or $10 for students; visit https://burtness.und.edu or call (701) 777-2587. Masks are required.
The Importance of Being Earnest, a witty, world-class comedy to brighten up your November, is the most acclaimed of Oscar Wilde’s comedies.
This is the story of two bachelors who create alternate lives using the name Earnest to break away from their everyday existence. They attempt to woo the hearts of two women who, conveniently, claim to only love men named Earnest. Confusion and comedy ensue as they struggle to keep up with their ever-growing backstories and become entangled in a laughable misadventure.
The Importance of Being Earnest, with its rapid-fire wit and eccentric characters still delights audiences over a century after it first premiered. It has been a mainstay on stages around the world ever since.
Travel to the Burtness Theatre to learn how this absurd predicament winds up!
- Directed by Kathleen McLennan
- Costume, Hair, & Makeup Design by Camilla Morrison
- Scenic & Lighting Design by Brad Reissig
- Sound Design by Otto Lieder
- Technical Direction by Patrick Reading
- John (Jack): Kyle Mason
- Algernon: Robert Cooper
- Lady Bracknell: Emily Wirkus
- Gwendolen: Stevee Wittlieb
- Cecily: Erin Chaves
- Miss Prism: Piper Sommer
- Chasuble: Tyler Hebert
- Merriman: Daniel Jung
- Lane: Dylan Merritt
- Production Stage Manager: Autumn Horton
- Assistant Stage Managers: Brigitte Froslee, Skylar Mack
- Properties Lead: Alex Rice
- Lead Electrician: Autumn Horton
- Scene Shop Assistants; Ariel Long, Kyle Mason, Grace Rhoads
- Costume Shop Manager: Amy Hahn
- Costume Shop Assistants: Tacy Crawford, Jessie Grabouski, Daniel Jung, Anne Mitchell, Anissa Oveson
- Wardrobe Head: Alyssa Donacki
- Wig Lead: Anissa Oveson
- Drapers: Daniel Jung, Camilla Morrison
- Wardrobe Assistants: Jenna Frelich, Gyu Ri Kim
- Light Board Operator: Jenna Lester
- Sound Board Operator Otto Lieder
- Lighting Crew Tacy Crawford, Victoria Coleman, Jenna Lester, Jose Urrutia, Gavin Avery, Kaitlyn Heslep
- Stage Hands: Elizabeth Brendel, Gabriel Stokkan,Grace Rhoads
- Box Office Manager: Michael Toenies
- Box Office Assistant: Teagan Leusink
- Ushers: Andrew Ring, Kaitlin Rivers, Dakota Losee, Joshua Clayton