Strategic planning effort continues over the summer
Fall events will seek feedback and celebrate new plan
UND’s strategic planning process, which began in February, continues over the summer and will be presented to campus by President Armacost in January.
“The strategic plan must reflect great aspiration while focusing on excellence in education and research, building a sense of community both on and off campus, and creating a sense of creativity and innovation across all of UND,” Armacost said when he launched the process.
The plan will be a roadmap to help UND move forward and to be successful in the future, while meeting the needs of the University community, state, and beyond.
Co-chairs Jim Mochuruk and Lynette Krenelka, along with committee members and seven workgroups, are analyzing data and feedback from the campus and greater communities. They’re identifying recommendations around institutional strengths, and are also reviewing and revising UND’s mission, vision, and core values based on feedback.
The campus and greater community are invited to take part and share feedback at upcoming events as the plan is finalized. That should be complete by the end of July.
The timeline follows:
• Sept. 13: University Town Hall to collect feedback on the draft mission, vision, core values, and workgroup recommendations.
• Sept. 27: Wake Up to UND to gather community feedback. The plan will be revised to incorporate comments.
• Nov. 10: Strategic Plan draft will be presented to campus for feedback.
• Dec. 19: The Strategic Planning Committee will present the Plan to President Armacost
• Jan. 19: President Armacost will unveil the completed Strategic Plan to campus and the greater community with a thank-you celebration.
You are invited to attend events and to share your comments as the campus works to advance UND and its future.