What to know for ChatGPT Co-creator Greg Brockman’s visit to UND on Sept. 26
Visit will include special public conversation with UND President Armacost; panel discussion will follow
Join UND President Andy Armacost as he hosts OpenAI President and Co-founder Greg Brockman, co-creator of ChatGPT, at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, in the Large Ballroom on the second floor of the UND Memorial Union.
The conversation with Brockman will be followed at 2 p.m. by a UND expert panel discussion on the “Promise & Peril of AI in Higher Education,” hosted by UND Associate Vice President for Strategy & Implementation Ryan Zerr. The panel discussion also will take place in the Large Ballroom of the Memorial Union.
Both events are open to the public and also will be livestreamed on YouTube and Facebook Live. Streaming links are provided below.
Due to security requirements for the conversation with Brockman:
- The use of outside cameras or video recording devices, including cellphones, is not allowed during this event.
- No backpacks, purses or bags of any kind will be allowed in the Memorial Union’s Large Ballroom for this event. Bags can be checked at an area near the ballroom.
- Walk-through metal detectors will be used at entrances for this event.
- Doors will open at noon and closed for access at 12:55 p.m. for the duration of the 45-minute event. No re-entry will be allowed.
- No food will be allowed in the ballroom.
- Additional seating to view the livestream will be provided at the Memorial Union’s Social Staircase, located on the first floor.
1-1:45 p.m. | Conversation with ChatGPT Co-Creator Greg Brockman.
1:45-2 p.m. | Break.
2-2:45 p.m. | “Promise & Peril of AI in Higher Education,” a UND expert panel discussion.
Mr. Brockman was raised in Thompson, N.D., and is a graduate of Red River High School who took classes and did research at UND while still in high school. He is the co-founder and president of OpenAI, a research and deployment company with a mission to ensure general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits for all of humanity. ChatGPT is the world’s fastest-growing consumer app having secured 1 million users in just five days since its launch.
Before OpenAI, he was the founding engineer and CTO of Stripe, which he helped build from four to 250 employees.
President Armacost’s conversation with Mr. Brockman will be followed by a UND expert panel discussion on the “Promise & Peril of AI in Higher Education,” starting about 2 p.m.
The conversation with Mr. Brockman and subsequent panel discussion can be attended in person or virtually via YouTube or Facebook Live.
Public parking for all events is free on the fourth and fifth floors of the UND parking ramp, just east of the Memorial Union and connected via climate-controlled tunnel. There also is pay-as-you-go parking available throughout campus.