The School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), in partnership with Dakota Medical Foundation, is pleased to announce that five scholarships worth $12,500 each have been awarded to five randomly chosen SMHS students. The scholarships are part of Dakota Medical Foundation’s annual Giving Hearts Day, which concluded on February 8, 2018.
SMHS Giving Hearts Day Scholarship winners for 2018 include (photographs available upon request):
- Hannah Fiser, a second-year occupational therapy student from Palmer Lake, Colo., winner of the Drs. Don and Mary Ann Sens Giving Hearts Scholarship
- Brett Johnson, a second-year medical student from Fargo, N.D., winner of the Drs. Laura and Corey Kroetsch Giving Hearts Scholarship
- Erica Nelson, a second-year medical student from Fargo, N.D., winner of the David and Lola Rognlie Monson Giving Hearts Scholarship
- Michelle Sanders, a third-year physical therapy student from Brooten, Minn., winner of the Lunn Family Giving Hearts Scholarship
- Shelby Wassink, a second-year occupational therapy student from Hastings, Minn., winner of the Colin and Kumi Combs Giving Hearts Scholarship