The marketing and communications team at the UND Alumni Association & Foundation received five awards in the 2019 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VI Institutional Awards.
They received silver awards in the following categories:
- Publications: spring 2018 UND Alumni Review (Editor: Milo Smith; Designer: Sam Melquist)
- College and University General Interest Magazines: UND Alumni Review
- Magazine Publishing Improvement: UND Alumni Review
- Fundraising Publications: Case Statements/General Cultivation Publication: UND CoPBA building case statement (Editor/Writer: Leanna Ihry; Designer: Sam Melquist)
- General Information Videos: Short Video: Aircorps Aviation feature (Produced by Milo Smith; Photos by Sam Melquist)
“I’m happy to see our Marketing/Communications team receive this recognition,” said UND Alumni Association & Foundation CEO DeAnna Carlson Zink. “Communication is a critical component of our vision to foster connections, inspire generosity, and advance the University of North Dakota, and our team of professional communicators creates high-quality content on a daily basis to support that vision.”
The Marketing/Communications staff includes Sarah Prout, Director of Marketing & Communications; Milo Smith, Senior Director of Public Relations; Sam Melquist, Associate Director of Graphic Design; Leanna Ihry, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications; Lauren Vetter, Social Media & Content Coordinator; and Nicole Polejewski, Student & Young Alumni Coordinator.
CASE supports alumni relations, communications, development, and marketing professionals at educational institutions at more than 3,400 colleges, universities and independent elementary and secondary schools in more than 70 countries. CASE District VI represents educational institutions in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.