College of Engineering & Mines

Updates for students, alumni, supporters and constituents

Two students from CEM reflect on their experiences attending UND online

Noé Lopez | B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Noé Lopez

“Things are really going well this semester even through the transition that has taken place over the past few months.  I’m proud to say that UND has done such a top tier job ensuring that the transition to online classes has been a smooth one.  Additionally, the CEM faculty’s assistance and guidance have proven to be resilient during these times. UND is a gem, and I’m so glad I followed the advice of my mentors early on who suggested I receive my education from the University of North Dakota.  It has been a wonderful decision and I intend to give back to the University who made it all possible. I’m proud to be a part of the UND tradition and will continue to represent the University with professionalism and excellence.”

Steven Tkach, P.E. | B.S. Civil Engineering
Steve & Misty

“I am thoroughly impressed with the professors that I have had at UND. The distance learning is absolutely great. Everybody that I have interacted with (advisors, professors, and others) in pursuant of my degree has been awesome. When I began my online degree with UND I quickly learned that the quality of education I am receiving online is the same as if I was sitting in a classroom. I would debate that online delivery in effectively teaching a subject is actually better than being in a classroom. I have the ability to pause, rewind, or fast forward a lecture to make sure I understand the subject matter.”