CNPD Research News: September 2023
Please remember to submit research updates and accomplishments to the CNPD Research Office email at email@example.com.
Welcome Back College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines Faculty, Students, and Staff from the CNPD Research Office! To keep everyone updated on the news about your research success, upcoming funding, or research opportunities, we plan to send a monthly electronic CNPD Research Newsletter during this academic year. If you have suggestions or additions that you wish to have included in the newsletter, please forward them to Miranda or Glenda in care of the Office of Research. We welcome requests for assistance in helping you prepare your grant applications and budgets.
We have also attached an updated proposal flowchart to better assist with the proposal submission process. We wish you a productive Fall Semester and look forward to supporting you throughout the academic year!
With Best Wishes,
Glenda Lindseth and Miranda Koster
Congratulations to Dr. June-Yung Kim on her publications!
- Min MO, Albert JM, Minnes S, Kim J-Y, Kim S-K, Singer LT (2023). Prenatal cocaine exposure and self-reported behavioral adjustments from ages 12 to 21: Environmental pathways. Psychological Medicine 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291723002404
- Kehler, K.*, Balser, S., & Kim, J. Y. (Accepted) Barriers to the Implementation of Harm Reduction Practices in Rural Domestic Violence Shelters. Poster Presentation at the 2024 Annual Conference of the Society for Social Work and Research
- Kim, J. Y., Minnes, S., Kobulsky, J., Kim, S. K., Min, M. O., & Singer, L. Y. (Accepted). Developmental Trajectory of Aggressive Behavior from Ages 4 to 12 in an Urban Cohort: The Role of Maternal Childhood Trauma, Oral Presentation at the 2024 Annual Conference of the Society for Social Work and Research.
- Kim, J. Y., Zhang, L., Gruber, A. M., Kim, S. K., Holmes, M. R., & Brevda, A.* (Accepted). Prenatal Exposure to Intimate Partner Violence and Child Developmental Outcomes: A Scoping Review Study. Oral Presentation at the 2024 Annual Conference of the Society for Social Work and Research
- “Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Dietary Approaches Related to Their Management” (https://www.gavinpublishers.com/article/view/gastrointestinal-manifestations-of-hypermobile–ehlers-danlos-syndrome-and-dietary-approaches-related-to-their-management)
Congratulations to Dr. Yi-Ping Hsieh on her publications!
- Chen, I. H., Chang, Y. L., Yang, Y. N., Yeh, Y.C., Ahorsu, D. K., Adjorlolo, S., Strong, C., Hsieh, Y. P., Huang, P. C., Pontes, H. M., Griffiths, M. D., & Lin, C. Y. (Accepted). Psychometric properties and development of the Chinese versions of Gaming Disorder Test (GDT) and Gaming Disorder Scale for Adolescents (GADIS-A). Asian Journal of Psychiatry.
- Saffari, M., Chen, I. H., Huang, P. C., O’Brien, K., Hsieh, Y. P., Chen, J. K., Chang, Y. H., Jiang, X., Bevan, N., Chang, Y. L., Griffiths, M. D., & Lin, C. Y.* (accepted). Measurement invariance and psychometric evaluation of the Tendency to Avoid Physical Activity and Sport Scale (TAPAS) among mainland Chinese university students. Evaluation & the Health Professions.
Congratulations to Dr. Dawn Denny on her publication!
- Yager, M, Clark, B.R., Gulley, N., & Denny, D. L. (2023). Delirium position statement. Orthopaedic Nursing, 42(3), 147-150. https://www.doi.org/10.1097/NOR.0000000000000940
Congratulations to Dr. Mary Rivard on her publication!
- Kunkel, D., Tietze, M., Wilson, M., Fant, C., Rivard, M.J., Belchez, C., Forman, T., & Husson, N. (2023). Creating case studies for digital health and technology competency in nursing. Nurse Educator. https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000001458
Congratulations to Dr. Rhoda Owens on her publications!
- Competitive abstract accepted for the NurseTim Conference August 10-12, 2023:
- Owens, R.A., & Denny, D.L. “Evaluation of Undergraduate Pre-licensure Nursing Students’ Perceptions on Professional Identity in Nursing: A Descriptive Qualitative Study”. (Poster – Competitive Abstract). NurseTim Nuts & Bolts Conference. Minneapolis, MN August 10 – 12, 2023.
- Owens, R.A., & Denny, D.L. (2023). Prelicensure undergraduate nursing student perceptions on professional identity in nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives. (in press)
Sent on behalf of the UND VPR.
One-Time Registration Required: NIHGrantsConference.vfairs.com (If you have already registered on the NIH Grants Conference & PreCon Events website, then you do not need to register again!)
- Log In: Once registered, you can join live events and explore the NIH Exhibit Hall with additional resources at the Institute, Center, and Office Booths.
- During this 2-Day event, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of HHS regulations and NIH policies that apply to research involving human subjects and clinical trials
- Obtain guidance on how to prepare a research proposal for review addressing regulatory requirements
- Learn strategies for developing realistic and scientifically acceptable inclusion plans
Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) Combat Readiness—Medical Research Program Research Program funding opportunity for the Department of Defense (DOD) programs managed by the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
Translational Research Award
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Funding Opportunity and General Submission Instructions which can be found on the Grants.gov website (https://Grants.gov). A listing of all CDMRP and other USAMRDC extramural funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using Assistance Listing (formerly CFDA) Number 12.420.
- For email notification when CDMRP funding opportunities are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://eBRAP.org. For more information about the CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.health.mil).
- For more information on types of funding opportunities offered and application strategies review the CDMRP Webinar Series: https://cdmrp.health.mil/pubs/Webinars/webinar_series.
- Please do not respond directly to this message. To be added or removed from this email list please use the “Subscribe/unsubscribe” to program specific news and updates at https://ebrap.org.