Know your Acronyms and Odds & Ends
- The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) is a student-led, national association that exists to cultivate, inspire, and inform medical students. Click here to learn more.
- If you need technology assistance, contact Information Resources at 701.777.5046 or its@med.UND.edu.
Mental Health Resources for Students
If you are struggling with mental wellbeing for any reason, please reach out for assistance. We are here to help you! These resources that are available to you:
- University Counseling Center: 701.777.2127
- UND Care Team: 777.2664 (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F), 701.777.3491 (evenings and weekends)
- University Police: 777.3491 (24h)
- UND Confidential Advocate: 777.6550 (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F), 701.317.1860 (cell)
- UND Student Health: 777.4500 (24-hour)
- First Link: Dial 211 (24h help line), 235.SEEK (7335) (24-hour help line)
- Abuse and Rape Crisis Hotline: 746.8900 (24h crisis hotline), 800.746.8900 (24h toll free crisis hotline)
- Community Violence Intervention Center (CVIC): 746.0405 (days), 800.746.8900 (24h toll free crisis hotline), 701.746.8900 (24h crisis hotline)
- Northeast Human Service Center: 795.3000, 701.775.0525 (24h crisis hotline), 800.845.3731 (24h toll free crisis hotline)
- Northern Prairie Community Clinic: 777.3745 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., M-Th; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays), 701.775.0525 (24h crisis hotline)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 273.TALK (8255) (24h lifeline), https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ (24h chat lifeline)
Please take care of yourself, stay safe, and be well.
- UND SMHS COVID-19 Response Guidelines Effective August 23, 2021, including Event Approval — https://med.und.edu/about/covid.html
- UND COVID-19 Updates — https://und.edu/covid-19/
- UND COVID-19 Dashboard — https://veoci.com/v/p/dashboard/jr2p5p3tmp
- Grand Forks County COVID-19 Dashboard — https://www.grandforksgov.com/government/city-departments/public-health/covid-19/nd-covid-19-data-dashboard
- North Dakota Department of Health Coronavirus Information and Dashboard — https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus and https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases
- COVID-19 vaccination is STRONGLY encouraged as affiliate clinical training sites are/will be soon requiring medical students to be vaccinated. Please upload your COVID-19 vaccination documentation into your MyRecordTracker portal. Exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination requirements are site specific and it is the responsibility of the student to submit appropriate paperwork at each clinical site where they are being trained. Please contact saa@UND.edu if you have further questions.