Out with the Old, In with the New Calendar
The new event calendar will launch as planned on Monday, December 18, 2017 and the current calendar will be permanently retired.
Preview the New Calendar
Submit Your 2018 Events Now
To submit a UND event, go to calendar.UND.edu and click the green “Submit an Event” button in the upper right corner. Use your NDUS account (NDUS.Identifier) to log in to submit events. The event submission form is very easy to use. If you can buy something on Amazon, you can submit an event to the new calendar.
Events must have broad relevance to members of the UND community and all events will be reviewed before they are visible on the calendar. Please allow up to two business days for approval.
Boost Event Exposure
You put in a lot of work into organizing events; don’t drop the ball with promotion. Here are three tips to get more exposure:
- Include a photo: All events have a default photo based on the event location or type. Whenever possible, include your own event specific photo. The recommended photo size is square (750 pixels by 750 pixels).
- Send invitations: Use the Invite Friends feature to automatically email invites to your event. Try it out by sending an invite to yourself. It’s super easy!
- Use the right category: It is important to categorize your events properly and similarly each time you add ‘like’ events. This makes events easier to find.
- It’s mobile-friendly: Check out the calendar on a smartphone or tablet. It doesn’t just shrink down to fit; it rearranges the sections for a better mobile viewing experience.
- Add events to your own calendar: On any event, choose an icon under “subscribe” to pop the event info right into your own Oultook, iCal or Google Calendar.
- Get social: See who plans to attend an event or check out pics of people preparing for an event and you’re much more likely to go.
- Type a search: In the upper right, type in a search for an event or place. Since event locations are integrated into the calendar, searching for a term like “football” will bring up the Alerus Center even though there aren’t any current football events in the calendar.
- List switcher: The trending events, upcoming, athletics, academics, and student life links at the top of the page offer quicker access to a few of our top categories without leaving the page.
Current calendar embeds in OmniUpdate will be replaced with new embeds on December 18. We are still formatting the design to fit the spaces allotted and are working directly with site owners to get this task accomplished.
For more information about the new calendar usage and best practices, please review the Calendar Guidelines.
All other questions should be directed to Layne Pfliiger, UND Social Media Manager, at layne.m.pfliiger@UND.edu.
Many thanks for updating. It’s more useful.